Working hand-in-hand with Ascension Social Concerns, the Thrift Shop mission is to turn the generosity of the Melbourne community into resources for food and other material assistance to anyone in need.
The Ascension Thrift Shop is a tax-free, charitable organization staffed 100% by volunteers from all walks of life. Many volunteers are members of Ascension Catholic Community but we also have volunteers from other Churches and also from non-faith backgrounds. Because our primary expenses are maintenance and utilities, nearly all donations are returned to the community in the form of food, merchandise and cash.
In 2017 our 160 volunteers – from many different faiths - returned almost $425,000 in cash and goods to the community and to our school. This included:
- Medical supplies and clothing to support disaster relief in Puerto Rico, Jamaica and the U.S.
- Clothing for homeless and others in need
- Local Churches and other charitable organizations with merchandise for fund raising
- Ascension Catholic School with monetary support for Tuition Assistance
- $25,000 per month to purchase food and for monetary assistance to people in need
- Local halfway-house with beds and other furniture
- Charities with stuffed toys for disadvantaged children
CHECK OUT 'Sale' TAB FOR SPECIAL SALE ITEMS!
(321) 259-7291 // STORE HOURS: Tue - Fri 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM // Sat 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM // CLOSED Sun and Mon
SITE UPDATED 8/29/2018